Pages

09 October 2016

The Reading Paradox

Not the latest Dan Brown, as I'm sure you all thought, but the conundrum I've found myself in over the past few weeks.

Normally, the warmer months are a great time for me.  What reader can resist a pleasant summer afternoon outdoors, sunscreen-covered nose in a book? (That's how we bookworms preserve our appropriate pallor - industrial quantities of factor 50.)  For some reason, this year hasn't quite panned out like that.  In June/July/August 2016, I only read four books, compared with eight in 2015 and a whopping 11 in 2014.  Not only was it very odd, but it also left me without much to say to you!

September was a bit more successful, but led to the opposite problem.  While other years have seen a lull around the end of summer, this year I got through five and a half books.  "Really?"  I hear you cry "Why haven't I heard about this?!"  Well, it turns out that if I read too much, I don't have time to blog!  Who'd have thought it?

I think what I'm trying to say is, yes, I am still here, I am still reading and I am still blogging.  I've got a handful of posts in the pipeline about some of the great things I've read recently, plus I've had some trips to bookish places that I'd love to tell you all about.

So, let's get cracking!

Coming soon (hopefully)...

  • A glamorous French empress!
  • Two secret missions!
  • And a peregrine on a Welsh island!