Pages

03 August 2013

The Writing is on the Wall

Earlier this week, I paid a visit to Sheffield Central Library in the North of England.  The site is also an art gallery and the Council has added some lovely quotes about libraries to the walls to inspire people using the building.  As some of you may not get the chance to go there, I wanted to share them with you, so please enjoy!

"I have always imagined that Paradise will be a kind of library"
Jorge Luis Borges

"Libraries gave us power"
Manic Street Preachers

"A library is an arsenal of liberty"
Anon.

"There is no institution I value more in this country than libraries"
Michael Palin

"Logic will get you from A to B, imagination will take you everywhere"
Albert Einstein

"Without libraries what have we? We have no past and no future"
Ray Bradbury

"A free library system is one of the trademarks of a civilised society"
Terry Jones

If you have any great book or library related quotes, I'd love to hear them! Tweet them to me @Girl_LovesBooks.